Friday, November 12, 2010
Help!
Ayden has been sleeping through the night for about two weeks now. We put her down about 10:30 and she would sleep until 9:00 every morning. All of a sudden she quit. Well actually the night that the time changed she stopped. Now we put her down and she sleeps until 3 and wakes up crying (four nights in a row now). The first couple of nights she did it I feed her but lastnight Tye got up changed and rocked her, she found her thumb and went back to sleep until 5. Then I feed her and put her back down and she slept until 9. I don't know if she may be going through a growth spurt (she'll be three months on Saturday) and I should feed her or if I should just let her cry for a while and see if she goes back to sleep on her own. Did this happen to anyone else or does anyone have any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can she have the baby cereal yet?
ReplyDeleteThis was an issue with my boys too. Day Light Savings is always a killer. If she is able to sleep through the night without a feeding then I wouldn't feed her unless nothing else is working. You don't want her to get in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night for a feeding that she doesn't really need. She could definitely be going through a growth spurt and need to eat more so I would expect her to sleep till 9 every morning, but I'd say 6 or 7 is reasonable. Mattox still wakes up at 7:00 to eat, then goes back to sleep for another couple of hours. When she does wake up, what I usually do, is wait for 5-10 minutes and see if she'll put herself back to sleep. If she doesn't have Tye go in (if he can and rock her). If you do it, she'll smell food and want to eat and it'll be harder to get her back to sleep without nursing. This works for us. Hope it helps!
ReplyDeleteIt's totally normal!! I think all babies do that to some extent and us mommies panic because we are finally getting some sleep.
ReplyDeleteI 2nd what Hesper said. Is she in her room yet? If not, it might be time. She could be smelling you and know that if she cries she gets to eat...even though she's not truly hungry. It could also be a growth spurt. She could alos just be plain tired and need to go to bed a little earlier (especially with the time change). When Kate stays up too late or didn't nap well, she has always had a bad night and woken up a bunch.
Hang in there and she'll start sleeping better.
I think she's having her 3 month growth spurt! I'm sure of it. It tends to last 48 hours or so. So, she probably was legitimately hungry, but now that she's over that stage, you might be able to break her of it more easily. Call me if you want. Missed seeing you yesterday at the BF class.
ReplyDelete