Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ayden's Room

January 2nd, we moved Ayden to her BIG GIRL ROOM!!  I can't believe my baby doesn't sleep in a crib anymore.  After talking to several people who had experience doing this I was really nervous about her staying in bed and not getting up to play.  Ayden is such a great sleeper and still takes two naps a day so it was important that she keeps doing that especially since we are about to have another little one.  The first night she did amazing.  I am so proud of her, we told her that when she wakes up she can say Mommy or Daddy and we would come get her.  We told her she had to go night, night and stay in her bed.  AND SHE DOES!!  We have a video monitor and can talk to her in her room using our reciever we have had to remind her a few times to stay in bed and go night night but I can't say enough how GREAT she has done. 
This is her new Big Girl Room.  She LOVES her new room.  All she wants to do is play in her room and she wants me and Tye to go in there with her.  I decided on magic bumpers to keep her from rolling off the bed and they have been great.  We also got her a Mickey Mouse step stool to help her get off and on her bed.
We got her new furniture a couple months ago and I love it.  It's kinda off white and has really pretty detail along the top of the bookshelf, bed and dresser.
We moved her name from the nursery and put it above her new bed.  I also got some really neat butterflies and hung those on the wall as well.

Ayden in her bed for the first night.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a good girl!!!!!! She looks so little in her big girl bed :) which is good! She's been looking way too big and grown up lately haha... Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete