Friday, October 19, 2012

Yellowstone Trip

A couple weeks ago we spent about 9 days at Yellowstone National Park.  We flew into Montana with Ayden and Ryan and met Brent and Michelle there.  We had such an amazing time but most of all made memories we will never forget.  Ayden and Ryan were so great on the airplanes (we had to switch planes in Denver both ways).  I was so surprised at how great they did...I think that means we should fly somewhere else soon...maybe tropical this time:)

Old Faithful was really neat.  I don't really know what I expected but it really was amazing how about every hour and a half water shoots out of the ground.  God is amazing!  Ayden and Ryan thought it was neat too.  They just stared at it and Ayden kept saying, "smoke" because of all the steam.
One day we stopped at this picnic area and had lunch.  Ayden found a chipmunk to feed crackers and she thought that was so exciting.  I had to put this picture because this is the face I have started to get a lot lately.  This is her Miss Independent face...she always says, "All by myself Mommy"
This is Fred the buffalo or "butthole" I should say that hung out around our cabin.  Pete, the squirrel not pictured, also was a friend of ours that Ayden and B fed pancakes and biscuits everyday. 
again, amazing...smoke just coming up out of the ground
Eating lunch
It snowed several times while we were there but one morning it got down to 3 degrees.  That morning the kids didn't get out of the car:)
YES! That little spec is a grizzly bear and YES Tye spotted it first! We saw tons of wildlife while we were there including: buffalo (by the goooo zillion), coyotes, a pack of wolves, two bald eagles, elk, deer, mountain goats (my favorite thing EVER) and two foxes
Ayden being so stinkin' cute!
Tye was Mr. Photo and got tons of pretty shots of Yellowstone
Loving our trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment