Friday, January 31, 2020

January JOY

I've decided that this year I'm going to try to update my blog once a month.  I'll post things that happened during that month.  I just ordered the 4th volume of my blog book and it's encouraged me to keep going!  I know someday my kids will love looking through the books and reminiscing about their childhood.  I'll be crying and they'll be laughing but it'll be fun nonetheless!

Why does January always feel like the longest month of the year.  We weren't too busy this month and maybe that's why.  December was extremely packed full of fun and running around but January always feels slower.  
Ryan finally was able to put together his first model ship that he got for Christmas.  He did a really great job!
 Sundays are always busy and fun.  We leave in the morning at 8:00 and don't get home until around the same time that evening.  Our kids are awesome and don't understand that normal people get to go home in between church services! HAHA!  We are so thankful for Mandy and her home and the time we spend on Sunday afternoons there.  Even though it's long it's always fun when we are hanging out with her!
I love when I turn around and see this sweet, sassy girl with her shades on!  She's always known exactly what she wants!
 We started back to school January 6 and 7th.  Ayden and Ryan are rocking along this second semester with no troubles.  Ayden has started learning how to add and subtract fractions.  Ryan has started multiplication and Myles has started READING!  I'm so proud of how hard all three of them work in school.  Sydney and I only go two days a week for three hours at a time.  It's the perfect amount of time away and the perfect amount of learning for a four year old.  Sydney is doing amazing in school and I'm not just saying that because I'm her teacher!  She made a cross "that Jesus died on" with blocks the other day.  It makes me happy she's thinking about Jesus every time she sees a cross!
 On Tuesdays, Ayden does piano lessons and Myles and I hang out in my classroom sometimes while we wait.  Myles made really cool block towers.  He worked and worked so of course we had to take a picture.
 In the afternoons, Myles and Sydney will either nap or play while the big kids finish school.  Sometimes, Myles puts things on the cats head and then gets so tickled that they stay there.  The life of a 6 year old, comedian is awfully fun!!
 Out of Legos, Ryan made Jesus dying on the cross.  Once again, I'm so thankful that even when they are playing they are thinking about Jesus.  What more could a parent ask for?!
 Ayden has been working very hard for 4 months with her pigs.  She loves the pigs and she loves working with them (most days) but she doesn't like the stock show.  She is very shy and introverted (just like her Daddy) and she hates being the center of attention and in the spotlight.  We don't care how she places because it doesn't matter.  We care about everything she does, the feeding, walking, brushing, washing, and training that leads up to this day.  It is such a wonderful learning experience for kids.  It teaches them to put something else in front of their needs or wants and it teaches them hard work. We are extremely proud of her.  She did get two 2nd place ribbons (which was awesome) but the smile on her face after she showed made me the most proud.  It's good for her to have butterflies and overcome her fears of being on stage and in the arena!  When it was over I gave her a hive five, a big hug and said, "It's all over and we are so proud that you did it."  She was proud of herself and I can see it building her confidence little by little.  It's such a great experience from beginning to end!
 Ayden and Sugar
 Oreo was a fiesty girl!
 Ryan showed in the Pee Wee show and did a great job with Oreo.  Next year, he'll be more than ready to show his own pigs or goats. 
 Myles and his best friend, Sugar.
 Myles loves the spotlight and did a great job!  He even walked Sugar out of the arena and into her pen without help.  He loved his pig trophy and set it proudly on his dresser when he got home.
 Ayden is growing up so fast.  All of them are but Ayden, my sweetest girl in the world, seems to be changing everyday.  It's truly a honor to be her mother.  On this particular day, we were getting ready for Wednesday night church and she ask if instead of a bow she could wear a scrunchie.  In the scheme of things, it really doesn't matter but I have to say my heart sunk a little.  She wore the scrunchie and I was so happy on Sunday when she didn't say a word about her bow.  It's hard watching your kids grow up but I couldn't be more thankful for healthy, happy, GROWING kids!
 Ryan has been learning cursive all year.  When we started back after the Christmas break I told him I wanted everything he did to be in cursive.  NO MORE PRINT!  His handwriting is beautiful.  Boys can write pretty too, it just takes practice!
 Doesn't everyone walk into their kitchen and see their cat reading the Bible?!!
Lucy loves to lay in this spot.  The sun shines through the window and makes the floor so warm.
 The big kids, as we call them, on Sunday before church.  Ryan is nearly as tall as Ayden!
 At our church we have a program called The Climb.  It's a program where the kids learn things about the Bible and memorize them.  Each level as they move up gets harder and harder.  The last level they take a 100 question test about the whole Bible and have to say the books from Genesis to Revelation.  Ryan finished on Sunday and received his last level card.  We are so proud of how hard he worked and more importantly how he is writing God's word on his heart.
(Ayden finished hers this week too but hasn't received her level card yet.  There was no way Ryan was going to let his sister beat him!)
 The littlest girl writing numbers on her tablet at school.  She can write all her letters and all her numbers.  I'm so proud of her!
 We are so thankful for an easy, carefree month.  We were talking that this time last year is when Ryan broke his foot.  We are glad this January has had NO broken bones and no sickness!
February, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment