Thursday, April 30, 2020

An Amazing April

We've had another wonderful month.  I know that times are so uncertain right now and it's not what we wanted our 2020 to look like BUT I always try to be thankful.  Even in the moments where I'm unsure, lonely, missing my friends and family I am thankful for what's in front of me.  I'm thankful that I get to be "quarantined" with these people.

When normally we would've been in Dallas participating in LTC and Bible Bowl, we were here participating online and by video.  I'm thankful that Ayden still got to compete in Bible Bowl.  Her and Ryan worked really hard for months.  Ryan couldn't compete because he isn't old enough but he studied right along with her.  They are writing God's word on their hearts!

We still got to spend Easter with our families.  It was a wonderful day filled with lots of eating, candy and eggs!



Ole' Rusty...
We love him so much!
 We went to Lake Stamford with my parents for the weekend.  Those are my kids in the background so we were still social distancing :)
 Front Porch Project 2020
Thanks Whitney!
 Myles lost another tooth!  He put it in the tooth box and got $5 from the tooth fairy!
 Myles hunting eggs.
 Poppa and Honey brought confetti eggs.  Sweet Bailey didn't mind Sydney cracking them on her back.
 After supper, Ryan and Poppa played Jacks.
 He goes everywhere with us and by everywhere I mean to pick Daddy up from the field.
 Our lives haven't changed too much as far as school is concerned.  The kids continue to rock along and are doing so well.  We have three weeks left!
 B and the kids looking through their buckets!
 Ryan is growing up so fast.  I love him.
 The sweetest girl in the world.
 We've spent lots and lots (like everyone else) days at home.  I'm thankful that it's been so pretty and warm for the most part.  My kids love to play outside and I love to sit and watch them.
 Our internet isn't fast enough out here to do ZOOM meetings or for Ayden to do Bible Bowl.  We've had to do everything on our phones.  She didn't mind though, she was just happy to do it.
 I burned the bacon...like really bad.  hahaha
Bailey is so well trained that I can open the door to let the smoke out and she won't come in.  She does stick her little head in as far as it'll go.  Lucy, our cat, didn't seem to mind.
 Ayden hasn't been able to go to piano lessons.  She continues to practice and has done some teaching of her own.  Sydney may be able to play a song in no time!
 Warm, spring days are meant for lounging on the patio.
 Ryan planted some seeds.  I looked over at him and had a flash of what his teenage years might look like.  His daddy use to hoe with a sleeveless shirt so he could get a tan and now he wears long sleeve.  I guess priorities change when you get older.
 Chalk paint that BB gave us.  It was fun!
 He finished one paper for school and decided to "chillax."
 Sunday mornings certainly aren't the same these days.  Once again, I'm thankful that we can worship anywhere and wear anything.
 This dog loves the dishwasher, and loves water.  There is NO stopping him when either one are available. 
 My girl~pretty in pink.
LTC has helped Ayden become so disciplined with reading her Bible.  She participated in sign language, teaching, and daily devotion.  Her other events were group events so they were cancelled.  She has continue to still do daily devotion and I'm so very proud of her!

No, April is not what we thought it was going to be.  Myles and Sydney missed their end of the year program and Myles missed his Kindergarten graduation.  We missed LTC and Bible Bowl.  We've cancelled trips, haven't seen friends, and haven't worshiped with our congregation.  We could sit and be sad, sulk, be mad, BUT that wouldn't change any of it.  It would just put us in a mood.  Instead we are going to rejoice!  Rejoice that we've got a comfortable home, lots of food and so much love that it's spilling out the doors.  Even today we are THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment