May is over. Actually, yesterday was June 1. Does this year seem to be flying by to anyone else? This month started out wonderful, got a little scary in the middle but has ended with me once again counting my blessings.
We always try to do something intentional with the kids before Tye’s busy seasons start. He started planting this month. May and June are the most stressful months of the year for farmers. Well, my farmer at least. These two months determine so much for the rest of the year for us. As Tye’s wife, I try my best to make sure things on the home front run smoothly. Chores that are usually his, like mowing the grass, get done without him and meals are ready when he walks in the door. I know it’s not much, but it’s enough to make him feel taken care of at home. So, before he actually started we took the kids to Lubbock and spent time together. We took them to a movie and to a buffet. Tye and I didn’t realize that we had never taught our children buffet etiquette. They were embarrassments to say the least. Ayden went to the buffet, got a NEW clean plate and literally put ONE slice of orange on it. What on Earth, child?

Same with this dude...ONE little square of Jello. Then, would go back and get a NEW clean plate for something else. Sydney went to the buffet for dessert and filled her entire plate up with Nilla Wafers. Tye and I finally were like HOLD UP we gotta talk about how you’re suppose to do this. Those poor waitresses didn’t know what hit them until our family showed up. We may have used every single plate in the joint.
Me: So has anyone learned anything interesting lately? (Trying to make supper conversation)
Ryan: I can cross each eye at different times.
You haven’t had fun in a restaurant until you’ve eaten with us...let me tell ya.
Tye ate a tiny octopus just to gross everyone out.
One of my favorite things we do as a family is evening four wheeler rides. It’s become something that we all love so much and it’s the most simplistic thing. We all pile on our big four wheeler with blankets, sunflower seeds and guns and head out to look for animals. The boys were headed out looking for some wild pigs that ran by right when we pulled up. These two brothers make me want to pull my hair out at times, but boy do they have my heart wrapped around their little fingers!
Movies! Raya and the last Dragon was a GREAT movie. I even teared up at the end. Haha
My sweet Ayden practicing her shotgun skills with Myles’s BB gun. If you can learn to hit things with a BB gun, a shotgun will be a breeze!
Myles loves to go to Firehouse subs after church just to get a fireman hat. He ask for two last time so his bear, Cubby, could have one too.
Ayden looking fierce at Shotgun practice. She’s so cool! She is going to be an amazing wife and mother someday. She can literally do anything from painting nails to shooting and fishing with the boys. She is such a well rounded child and I love being her momma.
Ryan goes to a Chinese food place and orders fried chicken. He is also such a well rounded...hillbilly.
Didn’t think we were going to the movies...so yes Sydney wore a unicorn toboggan all day...in Lubbock...in 80 degree weather.
Me: Myles stop touching your sister. Scoot all the way over in your chair and keep your hands to yourself.
Myles: Is this far enough over?
(Insert EYE ROLL emoji)
We went to Mim and Grandaddy’s house for supper and not all but some of the cousins were there. They went out on a little adventure which resulted in them getting “lost”. They really weren’t lost, we knew where they were the whole time, but boy they didn’t think so. They came back to the house talking about it and talked about the adventure for days. I loved hearing the stories and know they’ll remember it the rest of their life.
Oh, you know, let’s just randomly pose on the vacuum cleaner for a cute picture.
Rusty waited for over 30 minutes for Sydney to drop a piece of popcorn. He knew she would, I knew she would and guess what she did!
We all got to go to a Texas Ranger game with Poppa and Honey. The kids have been going to a game with my parents since they were potty trained. It just happened to rain so Tye and I got to go too. We had a BLAST. They played the Astros and it was a really good game. Ayden and Honey played that hand clapping game while we waited on our table to be ready. She is such a good grandmother.
We finished school this month too! We didn’t start out homeschooling so my kids totally know what “summer” means. We’ve kept with the same schedule we had at the Christian school. We do school for 34 weeks and then take a big break. The kids prefer it this way and honestly so do I. We do work on things during the summer that I feel need a little extra practice. The kids think it stinks sometimes to live with their teacher!
Sydney did Kindergarten this year. She doesn’t know it though. She thinks that she was in pre-k 4. Being the youngest, and hanging out with big kids all the time has truly made this child so smart. Tye and I don’t take the credit. God made Sydney Marr so special and with that gave her the ability to not let anyone tell her that she can’t do something. She did amazingly well this year. She did ABEKA Kindergarten this year and I found an advanced Kindergarten program that I’m going to do with her next year. Some have ask why I didn’t just skip her to the next grade. My answer is because she’s my baby and I don’t want her growing up any faster than she already has too. Just because a child may be intellectually ready for something doesn’t mean that they are emotionally and physically ready. So with that being said, Sydney is so ready to start Kindergarten next year!!!

Myles Lewis is DONE with 1st grade! He is such a fun and smart kid. So many things come easy for him like his wit. HA! I said so many times this year...Myles this is what you have to do today so if you’re going to pet the dog in between each paper it’s going to take you a long time to finish. Hahaha!
He’s so ready for 2nd grade and I’m so happy to be his teacher. He brings JOY and laughter to our classroom every single day!

History is my favorite subject. I’m one of those people who reads every single sign at a museum. It drives Tye crazy. He’ll just find a bench and patiently wait though. Ayden studied Old World history this year starting with creation. It was SO COOL and interesting to be able to start at the beginning. As Christians, we know when the world started Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.” It was eye opening for Ayden and all the kids really to read a history book that talks about the SAME people that the Bible talks about. Ayden kept saying “MOM, that’s in the Bible.” YES, Aydee bug the Bible is HISTORY! Ryan and Myles studied American History with Ryan’s being much more detailed. Sydney studied about flags, countries and oceans. We combined it all and made a timeline of history. It was so, so fun! We aren’t finished yet. We decided we are going to work on this timeline for years to come. I know it’ll be something I treasure always.


The stud finder sure did find a STUD! Can anyone tell where Myles gets his goofy side?!
Ryan finished 3rd grade! He is the best student. He’s the kid that sits down does his work and doesn’t say a word until he’s finished or has a question. He’s so smart and reminds me so much of Tye in the way his brain works. He loves Math and can do anything in his head. Blows my and Ayden’s mind. He makes Ayden so mad sometimes because I’ll be teaching her 5th grade math (which kicked my tail) and he’ll solve or answer the question from across the room. He loves to read and has read so many books this year. He read all of his required books and then read the Hardy boys series, Hank the Cowdog and Outdoor Tales series. I’m so proud of him as a student and as a son. He’s going to do great things in his life.

Ayden finished 5th grade. My first baby, my sweetheart, my Aydee bug is going to be in 6th grade next year. That’s middle school, people! UGH! She is an incredible student. She loves language, reading, spelling and history. She reads non-stop and I just love it! She is exactly like I was in school. She works really hard for straight A’s and is determined to not do less than her best. She is easy...except when she’s doing math. Hahaha I’m thankful for Tye and how he supports homeschooling and me being the teacher. He helps in anyway he can all the time. We all love homeschooling, it just really works for our family. We are all happy to be done, but I’m secretly super excited about next year. I’ve already got the curriculum here and organized!
The kids wanted a picture with Rusty. After all, he goes to school with them every single day and is the smartest puppy on the planet. The kids think he understands Spanish because he REALLY listens during that time of the day.
SEE, proof they aren’t always punching each other!
Oops...
Poppa took the boys fishing one Saturday. Fun was had by all!
The kids spent the night with B and Shell. They had a fire and cooked hotdogs and s’mores. Such sweet time together.
Ayden getting some tips from her daddy.

You know life isn’t always good. There are moments in life that aren’t always good. Myles and I were in a car accident on May 18th. The boys have music lessons in Lubbock on Tuesday afternoons. Ryan’s lesson got canceled so it was the perfect opportunity for Myles and I to have some alone time. The other kids stayed here with Tye. We had finished lessons, ran a few errands and were headed for a treat before we came home. I still don’t know what happened and we may never know what exactly happened. All I know is that we went from driving on the Loop to a five car pile up. Myles says we were a smashed hamburger and we were the meat. One car hit a car, another car hit that car, I hit a utility truck and then another car hit us. It was terrifying. What made it even scarier was that my baby boy was in the back seat. Our car was totaled, my phone was shattered, I ended up at the ER, BUT we are okay. It could’ve been much, much worse. The minute we climbed out of the car I just held Myles and kept saying we are okay...but momma our car...we are okay...but momma your foot, Myles we are okay! All of those things can be replaced. A foot, toe and wrist, bruises, sprains, all that can heal. Myles and I can’t be replaced.
We have passed the spot that we had the accident two different times since then. Myles and I have chosen to pray both times. We thank God for taking care of us, we thank God for keeping us safe, we thank God for helping us heal physically and mentally. We thank him for being our Father. The first prayer was my idea, the second one was Myles’s. Both times I cried because I am so thankful that we can go to our Father in prayer and thank him.
Myles and I definitely deserve a do over day! Myles says that we are lucky together now, I just say I’m blessed to have a son like him.
I found out that several people heard about the accident and messaged me. I apologize if you did and I didn’t respond to your message. My phone was broken and I wasn’t getting the messages. Thank you to everyone that helped, brought food, checked on and prayed for Myles and I. We truly felt the love from our family, church family and friends.
Thankful for so many things and my farmer is definitely one of them.
Tractor dates are dusty, bumpy and uncomfortable, but so worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment