Monday, May 23, 2011

Palo Duro Canyon

This weekend we went camping at Palo Duro Canyon. We went with Brent, Michelle, Mandy and Brittney. We had such a great time. It was the first time that I have ever been and it was beautiful. It really wasn't too hot but it was windy I guess the wind followed us:) We took our tent and slept outside which is always fun. It was neat because you could see the Big Dipper when you laid on our air mattress and looked straight up through the tent!! Ayden got really sick on Saturday and was running fever. She was sooo sad and just wanted to cuddle. It was the first time that she has ever been sick and I was kinda worried about her (first time Mommy:) Friday night she got up at 3 o'clock and so did me and Tye. We didn't know that she was getting sick and couldn't figure out why she didn't want to go to sleep. It was a pretty bad night being in the tent and trying to keep her quiet so the next night she slept in the camper. Everyone helped take care of her while Tye and I got a good nights sleep. Thanks again everyone:)

Ayden took a bath in a cooler in the shower! Tye used to take his baths in a cooler when he was little too!! She was so cute I would fill it up pretty high and she really couldn't move so it was like a little hot tub for her!
Ayden didn't get sick until early Saturday morning. So luckily she didn't feel bad the whole camping trip. On Friday she played in her pool and loved it. She played until she started trying to climb out and stand up:)After our LONG night Friday Brent made pancakes and sausage for breakfast. They were delicious. He even made Aydee Bug her own special pancakes, weren't they so cute!!

the sisters: Michelle, Mandy and Brittney

On Sunday, we got up and got ready to leave. Ayden was feeling much better but slept the whole way home. Before we left we stopped at a scenic overlook to take a few pictures. It was neat because there were several rock formations that were name different things and you could see them from this spot. This picture was is so cute, Ayden and B looking at the canyon. If you look close Ayden is even pointing (her new thing) at the canyon.

We always have so much fun with Tye's family, I can't wait to go back!!!


3 comments:

  1. We had so much fun! I hate that Ayden got sick but was glad to help with her. I love the picture of her "pointing" at the canyon...her little finger is just so sweet.
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got to go with ya'll! Feel the same as shell, hate she got sick but was more than happy to get up with her! I'm thankful she let me console her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time with Tye's family... How neat is that? :) Cherish each moment! And of course Ayden is the cutest baby there ever was... with her little pointing finger and all.. and the cooler picture well that is priceless! :) Love ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete