Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ruidoso

We went to Ruidoso, New Mexico with my parents for five days and had a blast.  First of all it was nice and cool.  At night I even had to wear a jacket, and the last night we were there it rained.  We stayed at Bonito Hollow and it was a really nice camp ground.  Ayden had such a hard time while we were there she fell several times and got a few scrapes and bruises.  So after one of her many falls Tye felt sorry for her and decided to give her some grape Kool-Aid.  She had never had Kool-Aid before so she LOVED it.  She didn't drink the whole thing but was really cute trying...
One of the nights we were there Ayden got so dirty.  We took her shorts and scandals off and she ended up in just a onesie, and she was absolutley filthy!  She was so cute even with a dirty hinny.
I had been taken a ton of pictures of her, I think she had enough:)
We went to Cloudcroft one day for lunch and ate at my Papaw's favorite nacho place, The Western.
After lunch we got icecream and my dad decided to give Ayden a bite of Rocky Road...
she liked it but made this face everytime she took a bite, I think it was too cold!
The lastnight we were there we ate a big watermelon.  Ayden LOVES watermelon so she got to eat in her diaper...she made a pretty big mess but was loving getting to tear into the watermelon.
She put WAY to much in her mouth.
I am sure you can imagine how sticky she was.
We had such a great time with my parents, we always do.  We also played Yahtzee and laughed more than we played I think:)
Ayden also said my dad's name in context for the first time.  The night they got there and she saw him for the first time, she just started yelling and waving at him.  She kept saying "Bop Bop" (Poppa) over and over and over.  Then when he came over to her she just hugged him, it was really sweet and I know made his day.

3 comments:

  1. We had so much fun with y'all too! Can't wait until we get to go more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley you have brought years of joy to my life and you are right Ayden just makes my day I love the times we spend together, grandchildren are great.

    ReplyDelete