Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bring on the New Year!

New Year's Resolution?!
As I sit here thinking about some things I would like to change or do different in 2014, I can't help but think what is going to make this time any different.  I've made "resolutions" before and I hardly ever stick to them.  I think I have a problem with making realistic goals.  For example, I'm going to start working out...yea right...I HATE exercising.  As a matter of fact I have started exercising before and literally stopped and thought I'd rather just not eat.  Isn't that terrible?!  I wish that weren't the case.  I wish I loved to go out and run or something.  I mean I live in the country.  I could get up every morning while my family sleeps watch the sunrise and run.  I just can't make myself do it.  I would like to be healthy though.  I think portion control would be a more realistic goal for me:)  Ok enough talk about food and exercise on to my next point.  I think it safe to say that regardless if its in January or July its important to have a little self check.  A little self reflection...There are several  things that I struggle with.  For example, I'm a complete neat freak.  I like, no want, no NEED for things to be in there proper place.  I drive myself nuts running around picking up after my children who mind you are 3, almost 2 and 5 months.  They are learning to pick up after themselves but occasionally stomping on a Goldfish on my living room floor is appealing all the while I am literally cringing.  I also have a deep need to control situations in which I have no control.  I feel like there are so many things I would like to change or tweek about myself.  I want to be the most loving wife to Tye.  I want him to not only love me but respect me.  I want him to know that I love him and am so happy with our life.  I want to be the kindest mom.  I want my children to know that I love them with every single part of me, so much that I want to cry just thinking about them.  I want to show everyone that I encounter through my words and actions that God is real.  That he is amazing and that his grace is the greatest blessing we could have ever received.  So with that in mind, here is my 2014 list;
1. To take advantage of quiet opportunities at my house to read my Bible.
2. To pray at least as half as much as I run around talking to myself.
3. To not vacuum up all the little crumbs because it reminds me of the little blessings that I have running around my house.
4. To have tons of tea parties, hours of reading books, days of eating popsicles, suckers and gum sticky fingers and all, rocking, singing, dancing, laughter, cuddles, band aids and kisses. 
5. Most of all, to enjoy every minute with my sweet family.  I know it won't be like this for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment