Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break in Durango

 We just got home from traveling for two weeks!  We have been to Colorado, Washington D.C and Ft. Worth.  We have had a blast but are so thankful to be home!  Therefore I'm playing catch up for the next couple weeks on our adventures.

For Spring Break we went skiing in Durango Colorado.  We had the best time with Tye's family!  We got to stay in a condo that was right on the slopes which made it really easy for me and Kenzie to drag our babies back and forth to the cabins.  The kids would start off the morning skiing and then we would all go in for lunch.  Ryan did so fantastic.  We couldn't believe how much he had improved from last year as far as balance and being able to keep his skis apart and straight!
 Everyday he got better than the day before.  His favorite person to ski with was Shell.  She was so amazing too!  The last day everyone went to the top of the mountain and Michelle skied down with Ryan...I'm still amazed that she did that!  I would have died!!!
 We are so very impressed with our little girl!  She was truly amazing.  She is only four years old and skied by HERSELF all afternoon.  Everyday after lunch she would go to ski school for 2 1/2 hours and then someone would pick her up.  When she was done with school she wouldn't even sit down for a drink and a snack.  She wanted to ski.  After the second day of ski school the ski instructor said she was doing so well he would take her to the top the last day of school.  Later she went up with Brent, Tye, Michelle, Kambry and Ryan.  They said she did awesome and I'm so thankful for video so I got to see her!
 She would follow someone and practice her turns while everyone else "blocked" her on the sides and then would make sure no one else got close!
 Me and Myles sat at the bottom of the mountain and would watch everyone come down.  We had the best time together.  He would greet everyone that walked by with a "HI" and a big wave.  Kenzie and Spencer came with us a couple times and we all had fun people watching!
 Myles loved playing in the snow with his bucket and shovel.
 The last night we went sledding.  It was hot this year and the snow was very slushy.  We didn't go very fast on the sleds but it was still fun.
 She is an unbelievable big sister.
I got the most incredible family when I married Tye!!  I'm so thankful that we can all get together and just truly enjoy each other.  Can't wait for another fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment