For the past four days we have soaked up every bit of cool weather that we can. We went to Ruidoso with my parents and had the best time. I wish I could've brought some cool mountain air and showers home in my pocket! We took our campers up there which is always so nice. It's a home away from home and especially convenient when you have little ones. We stayed at a campground where there were quite a few older people. I'm sure some of them were delighted when they saw our camper pulling away Monday morning but for the most part they were very friendly. Every single man or woman out walking their dog the kids would run over and start up a conversation. Most of the time we had to call them over to the camper just so the poor person could leave. Papaw and B would be so proud of their visiting skills!
We cooked out several times and took the kids to do a few things in town. On Friday night we went to the Flying J Chuck Wagon. It was so fun! I love stuff like that, I love the music and I love watching the shows about the old west. Don't think I could've lived back then...or don't think I would have wanted too at least! Ryan got to shoot a gun with help from Daddy and he thought he was so big. He was just the absolute best on this trip. Tye and I both really enjoyed every minute with him. He is getting so "old" and I just love him to pieces!
The kids really enjoyed the roping arena. Myles thought he was Sheriff Callie and was hilarious with the rope.
Poppa, Honey and the kids!
On Saturday we went to the Alameda Zoo. We didn't really intend to do as much as we did Saturday but it was a beautiful, COOL day. We couldn't pass up the weather! Myles literally looked this cute the whole day!
Ayden "helping" Ryan see the owl in the top of the tree. I'm not quite sure she lifted him up any but it was sweet nonetheless.
For some reason my kids wanted to take a ton of pictures. Every rock or log we came to they would sit on it and say "take our picture Mom."
The zoo isn't very big and only took us about an 1 1/2 to walk through. We decided to go to Cloudcroft and eat nachos at the Western which was Papaw's favorite place to eat and then head back down the mountain to White Sands. The kids were so excited about going to White Sands and it ended up being the most perfect day to go play in a huge sand box!
The minute we got there they couldn't believe that all that white stuff was sand. Ryan kept asking if I was sure it wasn't snow. When we got out of the pickup they shed there shoes and headed for the dunes.
Myles liked going down the dunes with his brother and sister but then couldn't quite climb back up. Ryan stopped and helped him without us telling him too. I love that they have each other and can be sweet brothers when they want too!
Ayden let us bury her in the sand. It was fun until someone threw sand (Tye) and then chaos ensued. I ended up having sand down my shirt, Myles got it in his mouth and eyes, Poppa got some down his shorts...and Tye...well he stayed pretty clean somehow.
We ended up staying at White Sands for several hours. Since we didn't plan to go that day we didn't bring the sleds or sand toys but the kids really didn't care. They had fun running around playing and throwing themselves down the dunes. Honey and I talked the kids into rubbing our feet with the sand so we shouldn't have to get pedicures for a while. After we left we stopped and ate ice cream for supper because its vacation and you can do that on vacation!
We had the best trip with my parents and I can't wait for the next!
No comments:
Post a Comment