Wednesday, October 21, 2015

We can't believe SHE is here!

It all started Friday, September 25th.  I started having contractions about 20 minutes apart.  Friday night I didn't hardly sleep at all because I was just to excited.  My contractions continued to stay about every 12 minutes apart until around 7:00 Saturday morning.  They started to get more intense and closer together so we decided to head to Lubbock.  We fed the kids breakfast, packed up everything and called Mandy.  The kids were going to go to her house until the baby was born.  We thought it would be sometime Saturday that we got to meet our precious baby.  We went to triage stayed for a couple hours and I was progressing so we got checked into a room about 2:00 Saturday afternoon.  
 Dr.  Burkholder wasn't on call until after the Tech game so...we waited and we watched football and we waited.  I SLOWLY progressed and at about midnight Saturday night I got an epidural. 
 Kam Kam surprised us and came down Saturday!  She got her Aggie Ring on Friday so her and B & Shell made it to see our little #4 be born!   I wanted her to be here so bad but didn't think she would be able to make it.  Tye and I both cried when she walked into the room!  I'm so glad she was able to be here! 

Sweet Sydney FINALLY decided to make her arrival on Sunday morning at 10:53.  The minute she was born Tye and I both look at each other and said, "It's a girl."  We both started crying immediately and couldn't stop!  We were shocked that "it" was a girl!  She sucked her thumb just a few minutes after she was born and was seriously the cutest thing ever! 

 We let the kids come in first before anyone else.  They both just kept looking at her in amazement.  Their little eyes were so big and round looking, holding and touching their new sister.  At one point she started to fuss and Ryan started singing Jesus loves me to her..and yes I cried!
Myles came in about 10 minutes later.  He was on his way to the hospital with Mandy when Sydney was actually born!  He was so cute.  He didn't even notice her at first and then all the sudden said, "huh?"  We told him that he had a new sister named Sydney and he just smiled.
Our first family picture!
When Sydney was born Tye informed everyone that we were all doing great but didn't tell anyone if it was a boy or girl.  We were going to let the kids tell them.  After our family held her and she ate it ended up being about an hour before they got to come in.  I think if it had been any longer they would have stormed the hallway! 
It didn't matter who was holding her Ayden was right there too.  She wouldn't let her little sister out of her sight.  She is so happy!
I'm so thankful for all of my family.  They waited late into the night and came early in the morning just to be there to support us and see Sydney.  I love them all so much!
Daddy on diaper duty.  
This little girl can poop.  When they broke my water about 9:00 Sunday morning the doctor realized that she had pooped in the womb.  I'm thankful there were no problems and she didn't have to be put into NICU.  The cord was also wrapped around her neck.  I'm also thankful I couldn't see that and that she is okay!
After three days of sleepless nights and long days we got to go home!  This is her outfit that B & Shell got her and she look like a little baby doll!  
We are seriously just over the moon with our little girl.  I told Tye that it still amazes me after every baby how much you love them.  We don't even really know each other yet...but I already love this little girl so much I cry just looking at her.  She is perfect in every way and we thank God for a healthy delivery and a healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment