Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Six Month Milestones

This sweet baby is SIX months old!  She is just as precious as ever and I love every single minute with her.  She fits into our family so well and I feel like she has her own place.  The month didn't start out very smooth.  The three older kids got sick with colds and ear infections.  We said, "DON'T GET IN SYDNEY'S FACE" and yes we yelled it at times but lets face it...it happens.  She ended up getting RSV and an ear infection.  We did breathing treatment which she loved.  She would stick her little nose down into the end of the tube and just sit there.  We snuggled a lot and gave her extra hugs and kisses.  She started feeling better within a week and were completely well within two.
She sleeps all night and takes 2 1/2 naps a day.  She loves butternut squash, peas, sweet potato, carrots and any fruit!  She can also drink from a straw.  We haven't had the chance to get our high chair out of storage so she is still in the Bumbo at meal time in the center of all of us.  She has grabbed two drinks and spill them and loves messing with chip bags!  I think its about time to get that high chair!
She went to the zoo for the first time this month and loved it.  She rode in the stroller and just watched everyone passing by.  She also celebrated her first Easter. 
This is probably the biggest change we have seen so far with her.  Five to six months was so fun and she has really started to develop her little personality.  She is temperamental and a little stubborn.  She is happy with Momma and Daddy and loves her sister.  Ayden says they are best sisters and will always "hug and kiss even when they are older."  She loves her brothers and is always entertained by them.  Ryan says, "he'll always protect her from rattlesnakes and mean guys."  Myles calls her Syddi girl and is so sweet with her...until he gets on her back during tummy time and says, "giddy up horsey."
I'm breaking every single "don't" I had with the others and I DON'T care one bit.  She is the perfect ending to our family and I am just so sad how fast she is growing.  I miss her when she is sleeping and when she is awake she is in my arms!  Haha, that's probably why she is such a firecracker with everyone else!
Sydney Marr, I know the next 6 months are going fly by faster than the first.  We pray for you everyday that you will become a girl after God's heart.  We love you more than you could imagine and are so thankful you are our baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment