Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Break 2017

 We had the best Spring Break this year.  We went to Durango, Colorado skiing and we all just loved it.  Ryan and Ayden went to ski school and learned so much.  Everyone who works on the mountain and helps with ski school is so nice.  They really tried to help the kids at the level they were and both of them got better while we were there.
 Myles isn't old enough for ski school so he got to spend time with us while the others were gone.  We practiced skiing and on the last day he would go by himself for quite a ways.  We were so proud of him!  His favorite thing was to sled.  We stayed at a condo on the slopes so after the lifts closed we got to sled right outside the door.  Myles was in a world of his own sledding down and carry his sled back up.  He's just so fun!
 Ayden amazes me.  She is such a good skier.  She is seems to be so athletic and I love watching her do things like this.  If she puts her mind to it then there is no stopping her.  She skis so good and so fast I can hardly keep up with her!  Every afternoon she got to skip a nap and go skiing with all the adults.  She skied blues with no trouble!  We had the best time with her.  She is growing up so fast and I love just spending time with her.  She's the best!
 Ryan shocked me the most on this trip.  I guess since he's "a whole hand now" he's just develop this independence that is so surprising.  He skied all by himself this trip!!  When he would fall or even if one of us adults accidentally hit his ski he would say "it's okay."  He kept telling everyone that "he could do it" and "I don't need any help."  I just can't believe how much he learned this trip.  On our last day to ski he skied all day long.  He ended up falling asleep in Michelle's lap at the top of the mountain on a picnic table.  I was so proud of him.  He typically doesn't take risks and likes to assess situations and think about what he's going to do.  So we were all so surprised when he just took off and didn't need any help.
 Mandy's the best!  She spent vacation days just to keep Sydney and help with all the kids.  We all just love her and the kids are obsessed!  Thank you Mandy for all you do for us!
 My little sledding boy!
 This picture of Myles and B is priceless!  Pure joy and excitement on both of their faces.
 Kam Kam got to go this year and I'm so thankful for her!  She skied with Myles and helped Tye and I the last day so much.  You make trips more fun Kam!
Then there's the most precious ski bunny ever.  This girl has every last inch of my heart!

I love trips with Brent and Michelle.  I always have.  It's so fun to get to spend time with a family that truly enjoys one another.  ZZ ended up getting to go this year and it was fun getting to spend time with her and Spencer too!  Another ski trip in the books and it was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment