Thursday, March 9, 2017

Snakes and Snails...

...and puppy dog tails.  That's what these two are made of!  Boys are awesome.  Many say not as complex but I would beg to differ.  They are definitely different than my girls and I LOVE every minute of it.  They are rough and sometimes tough and full of imagination.
Ryan's five and I love every minute of this age.  He is full of questions and always chatty.  He reminds me so much of me as a kid.  He loves catching bugs and examining them under a magnifying glass and rigging up traps for bad guys. 
He's very sweet and protective of his Momma and shows it all the time.  He walked with me to take the trash out the other night with his BB gun in hand to protect me from our mean rooster.  He was so brave and the truth is I'm glad he was there...because that rooster really is mean!  He's also a Daddy's boy and will spend the entire afternoon with Tye on the tractor probably talking the entire time!
Ryan: Myles is my buddy.
Myles: Ryan is my buddy too and my best brodder friend.
Myles drew his first picture of people and I was so proud of him.  They all had heads, bodies, legs, arms, hair and a few had other various parts that we don't need to mention.  
Tonight before bed we were watching an episode of Peter Rabbit and Myles was sitting in my lap.  It's killing me that he's getting so big.  He's starting to lose all his baby fat and even his little fingers look like a big kids now.  He is such a joy in my life and he will always be my baby Myles.
I'm so thankful for these two boys.  They drive me absolutely insane sometimes.  One minute they are "best friends" and then next they are hitting and wrestling each other.  
I love that they have each other.  I love that Myles is lost when Ryan is at school.  I love that the minute Ryan gets in the car he is asking Myles to play with him when they get home.  I love that they set traps together.  I love that they explore together.  I love to hear laughter coming from the bathtub at night (not so much when they yell "canyon" ball),  I even secretly love when they are up in the tree house and say "no girls allowed" to their sisters.  I love them.  Being a "boy" mom is wonderful and I'm so thankful God gave me two.

No comments:

Post a Comment