Monday, May 7, 2018

San Antonio Vacation

We just got home from a week of camping at Lockhart State park near San Antonio.  We went with my parents and had the best time.  We had been looking forward to this trip for awhile and it seemed to fly by.  Time always has a way of doing that especially when you're having fun!
Like I said we took our campers which is the only way to go when you've got kids...especially as many as we do.  We were able to eat, play, ride bikes, relax, hike and visit except when we made day trips to San Antonio.
Our first outing was the San Antonio Zoo.  It was a perfect day to go because it was cloudy, overcast and about 80 degrees!  All the animals seemed to be out and enjoying the weather too. 
"Momma will you take a picture with just me."
Of course I will my sweet boy!
Poppa and Honey bought lettuce for the kids to be able to feed the giraffes.  They all thought it was so cool how long and black their tongues were!
"Momma take a picture of me and my best buddy."
Two peas in a pod!  Who knew when we named Ryan, Ryan Gregory, he would act and be so much like the man he was named after.  Love my Dad!
Syndey LOVED this giraffe.  
She even changed her favorite animal to a giraffe instead of an elephant. 
Ryan took every single one of these animal pictures and the picture of me and Myles.  He carried the camera around the entire trip taking all our pictures.  He took 729 to be exact.  It was so fun going through them all last night.  He took some really amazing ones and here are some of the best.



Hippos!
He thought this was hilarious.  The hippos hiney...boys!

I just love my kids.  I have some truly wonderful, caring, sweet kids. 
Poppa saw a Mold-a-Rama and just had to show the kids what it was all about.  He remembered them from his childhood and said he had one from the zoo too.  He ended up buying four, hahaha, $12 on wax right Poppa and Honey.  The kids love them and thought it was so neat how it was wax but didn't smell like anything. 
Catching lightening bugs is what childhood is all about.  They took turns catching them, sleeping with them for their night light and then letting them go the next morning to start all over again the next night.
Me: Sydney can you catch a firefly?
Sydney: Ewww, that's lucky (yucky).  I not want one to touch me.
Our second outing was to the Alamo and Riverwalk.  The kids really loved the Alamo.  We all explained what happened there 186 years ago and they were super concerned that our Mexican friends now were going to start a fight with us.  They even ask if some of them knew Santa Anna.  Heads up Alinne Staggs they may even ask you!  We explained how it was many years ago and it was just one of many battles fought for freedom.  The next day at the campground I loved hearing them "play" the Alamo.  The boys were Santa Anna and the Mexican army and the girls were the Alamo.  I couldn't help but smile!
We ate lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe.  This is such a neat restaurant!

One of the biggest things that happened on our trip was Myles learned to ride his bike without training wheels!  Myles is so much like Tye in that he's just content with being himself.  He didn't care that Ryan and Ayden didn't have any and when I offered him a new bike (his is literally falling apart) if he learned to ride he said "that's okay I like my bike so I'll just keep my training wheels too."  Tye and I knew the only way to make him learn is to push him to learn.  Myles is just that type of kid and it's one of the many things we love about him.  He's happy and laid back!  Tye just took them off without telling him and he learned in about 2 minutes.  He was ready and we knew he was ready!  We cheered and shouted and danced and sang!  He was so proud of himself and now can start and stop all by himself too.  He's officially a big KID!
On Friday it rained all morning and afternoon.  It drizzled on and off the rest of day.  We spent the morning in our camper and Poppa and Honey came over to just sit and watch the circus.  I'm so very thankful in moments like this for our bigger camper we were able to get at the end of last year.   Ayden and Ryan worked on and finished all their make work since they missed a week of school for this trip. 
Tye played games with the kids.
When the heavy rained had stopped we went outside and stomped in muddy puddles!  
Actually we didn't intend on doing this...Sydney just did it and then it was already too late so we just let them all do it!
Poppa made homemade rain coats out of trash bags.  The kids thought they look hilarious!
Our last outing was to SeaWorld!  I love this place so much and have so many fond memories of coming here as a child.  This is our third time to take our kids.  Myles and Sydney have never been and Ryan didn't remember because he was only 10 months old.
Tye bought fish for them to feed the sea lions.  Myles was particularly interested in them and loved when they barked at him.

Ayden got a little fish "juice" on her skirt and thought that was gross.
Their favorite show was the sea lion and otter show.  It's one of my favorites too!  They stood like this the entire time.  I love watching them watch something and especially when they get tickled and can't stop laughing!
He told them to scram...what a grouch!
More pictures by Ryan.
These two sweeties just couldn't make it through the day without a nap.
These two crazies just couldn't make it through the day without wrestling while the other two napped.
I just love watching these amazing animals!
I'm telling you Ryan's a photographer!
Myles: Bye, bye Mr. Dolphin!
This trip was one for the books.  So many memories made and so much quality time spent together.  I'm so thankful for Poppa and Honey and I'm so thankful for a husband and kids that I can wake up and be excited to spend the day with.  What a beautiful life!


No comments:

Post a Comment