Friday, December 13, 2019

Fort Worth Trip

Last weekend we went to Fort Worth to see Tye's aunt Brittney and her husband Doug.  We had a wonderful weekend!  Tye didn't get to go with us this time.  He is still harvesting!  It was the perfect time for the kids and I to get away and have a little FUN!
We decorated Christmas cookies.  Ryan made a cookie for us to bring home to Tye.  
Do you think he knows his Daddy likes icing?
My favorite thing was going to the Log Cabin Village.  The cabins were mainly built in the 1850s and were all set up the way things would have been back then.  My favorite show is Little House on the Prairie and the kids watch it with me all the time.  It was fun "pretending" we lived back in the time and talking about what Laura, Caroline and Charles would have been doing everyday.

These two brothers make me smile!
Ayden and Ryan pumping water.  They think this would have been a fun chore.
Covered wagon cuties!
We went ice skating and to a German Christmas Market one evening.  Myles really wanted a picture with this GIANT nutcracker.
Ice skating was SO MUCH FUN!  I didn't really think the kids would like it as much as they thought they would.  Everyone, even Sydney, loved it and I ended up having to make them leave.  I was really surprised at how good they were at it too.  All of them seemed to be so steady on their feet.  It's a good thing I held Sydney's hand the whole time.  I think I needed it more than she did.
Resting our legs!
Mandy flew in the night before and Kambry came over from Mansfield to hang out with us for the day.  It was so much fun getting to be with everyone.  
The last thing we did was Crayola Experience.  We didn't really know what all to expect because none of us had been.
We had the best day and spent a lot longer than we expected.  They had so many things you could create and do all with crayons.  We made coloring sheets with our faces, printed our own crayon wraps, colored with hot wax, played on the Crayola playground and molded shapes with hot wax.
And of course, we colored!
When were weren't doing fun activities, we were hanging out at Doug and Brittney's letting the kids play.  Sydney played doctor all weekend.  We had thorough checkups and the baby got enough shots to last a lifetime.
 The boys built and then tore it down and built again.
 We had such a JOYFUL weekend. 
Thanks Doug and Brittney for being such wonderful host.

No comments:

Post a Comment