I can officially say that June has been our craziest month. I feel like this month has flown by but it hasn't all been unicorns and rainbows around here.
I haven't said a lot on here about my back pain. It's something that I try to pretend doesn't dictate my life. Unfortunately, it does and it's gotten a whole lot worse over the past three years. I'm finally done. After three years of doctors appointments, chiropractors, pain management doctors, physical therapy and injections...I'm done. Tomorrow I'm having surgery and while I don't want to, and am nervous I'm thankful for the hope of being pain free when I wake up.
I couldn't have been blessed with better kids. These four children not only make me happy and proud but they help make me a better person. They are always willing to help me. Ryan tells me often, "Momma, I saw you bend down. Ask me to do it." Ayden goes above and beyond what any (nearly ten) year old should do. Myles prays for me all the time during supper and at night before bed. And Sydney will ask me to rock her, kiss her or give me a hug to help make my back feel better. They are literally the best kids. So compassionate to their mother who is hurting every single day. If you think about it, will you please say a prayer for me tomorrow. I know that God is the ultimate physician and I know I'll be okay whatever the outcome because of the people I get to call family.
The kids do weekly chores. They have done more lately just to help me but I think chores are a wonderful teaching tool nonetheless. They don't get paid for doing daily things. Sometimes they get paid for doing EXTRA-ordinary things like mowing the grass, hoeing, picking up leaves, etc. They live here, they mess things up, they get things dirty and we all can work together to keep a clean and happy home!
Here are just a few of the things they help with:
Sydney changes my calendar at the end of the month. All the kids have done this and it's her turn now!
Ryan is so big and super helpful with outside chores. I know his Daddy sure appreciates him and especially now that he's busy with farming.
Myles vacuums all the hardwood floors. Skates, or no skates just as long as he does it and does his best!
Ayden unloads the dishwasher all while fighting Rusty from jumping inside! Have I mentioned that she can literally do any task I give her. She is an incredible girl.
Not only has June been rough for me but it's been rough for Tye. Farming has so many highs and lows. It's seems the highs are really high and the lows are really low. It's hard watching Tye worry. He doesn't do it often and he's the type that doesn't say a word or change really. I can just tell. He paces around the windows and looks out quite a bit. Whether he's looking at the wind, rain, hail or a tornado it's never in his hands what the outcome will be. He's re-planted three times in some places. It's not only expensive but it's tiring. Mentally and physically exhausting for him. The rest of the years income, our livelihood is all based on about two months out of the year. If he can't get the crop up there will be nothing to harvest and sell later. Being a farmer's wife has taught be to be a better Christian in more ways than one. Relying on God is our only choice. I'm so thankful we have such a patient, and faithful Father to pray too.
P.S. Tye taught me to drive the tractor and I couldn't be happier to help him. When he walks in the door after a long day he often ask me "What can I do to help?" Now, that our kids are a little older, it's my turn.
There is always good and positive to any situation. My grandmother used to tell me to "look for the good." She would've never considered herself wise but there couldn't be a more true statement. Along with the heavy, heavy rains the lake behind our house got completely full! The kids have had a blast playing in the muddy lake day after day. It's got to be good for their immune systems right?! I did tell them not to drink it!
When you miss your guy, you go ride the tractor with him.
Bedtime is usually Tye's job. About four months out of the year I do it but the other months Tye's the one who puts the kids to bed. He's done this since they were babies. It started out as a necessity kind of thing. If I held them, they wanted to nurse so Tye always did it. We read stories together whether it's something from the Bible or good ole' nursery rhymes and then everyone goes to their own beds. Each kid has two songs and then we say goodnight. They are aloud to read for a little while after they get in bed. Nobody has abused these privileges yet so we trust they are keeping their end of the deal. Ayden always reads Sydney two stories before she scoots down into her bed. The other night I cracked their door so Lucy (our cat) could leave when she was ready and I caught a glimpse of two precious souls that make my heart happy. Sydney is lucky to have Ayden as her big sister and Ayden is lucky to have a friend for life.
Day camp at White River Youth Camp was cancelled this year. While we were extremely sad, we totally understood why it was best for everyone. Shell didn't want her grandbabies being sad for one minute SO she took us on a little trip! B and Tye didn't get to come because they were home planting but us girls and kids all went. Shell, Kenzie, Spencer, Kam and our family stayed in a lake house at Lake LBJ for a week. It was wonderful! The kids kayaked, rode on the paddle boat, played in the sand and swam for a week. We loved every minute of it!
Ayden reading the story before bed.
Sisters
We were able to go to Longhorn Caverns one morning while we were there. I had never been before and thought it was so cool! I love stuff like this and so do my kids!
Literally don't know how she rode this all week. I rode across the lake once and my legs were DYING!
Rusty enjoyed the boat and the lake too!
A little boys dream.
Family picture minus Daddy
The littlest girl being a divi...I mean being herself.
I got to go to Flordia. YES, FLORDIA! It was a wonderful trip. Once again, I didn't think I should go when ask but Tye insisted I do. He insisted I make time for myself and he promised he'd make it work with the kids. With the help of Shell, he did and I had a wonderful time. It was actually this trip that threw me over the edge of patience with my back. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't lay on a towel and hardly could sit in a beach chair. No worries though, tomorrow is the DAY!
I sent daily pictures to Tye. Not sure if that was mean or not but he didn't mind getting them!
WE seriously always dress alike. It's crazy!
Kambry isn't just my sister but she's my friend.
Beach time! I can't wait to go back in September with my kids and Tye. It's going to be a trip of a lifetime!
We celebrated Mandy turning 50 on this trip! The BIG 50! She's an incredible human being and I love that I get to be her family.
Rusty had a rough month too. He got his meatballs removed. If that's crude, I apologize. I live with two boys that are 8 and 6. Oh, there is also Tye. He's 35 but sometimes he acts 8 or 6.
Poor Rusty can't get wet for two weeks. His favorite thing is getting wet. It was so sad to watch him watch the kids play in the sprinkler. Broke my heart a little.
Ryan and Grandaddy.
Grandaddy is Ryan's friend and that's the best way to have a grandaddy. I wonder what they were talking about.
Baby Myles graduated Kindergarten on Monday evening. I can't believe that my BABY, my sweet, funny Myles Lewis is a big first grader now. Man, time flies and I'm so thankful I get to move along with it.
We had a small party at our house after his graduation. I'm thankful for family that make my kids feel special at different times. This day was all for Myles and I know he felt the love.
Mim, Grandaddy and Myles
Myles is named after several people. Willie Lewis was Lewis's mother. Lewis is grandaddy's name and Lewis is also Brent's first name. Such a legacy to live up too!
B and Shell with Myles
B and Myles are "Lewis buddies"
Mom and Dad with our graduate! I'm proud of the student that Myles is and I can't wait to be his first grade teacher next year when we homeschool.
Even though June was crazy and full of ups and downs I can't help but be reminded that life is full of ups and downs. Without the downs, the ups sure don't mean as much. On a rare, peaceful, beautiful spring day in west Texas I'm reminded that God's got this and just when you feel like you can't breathe he sends a day that lets you take the deepest breathe. The kind that hits your soul.


























No comments:
Post a Comment