Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 2021

2021 is looking good so far.  We’ve started off this new year fresh...with fresh hearts and fresh attitudes.  I have woke up every single morning counting my blessings.

Myles loves to climb the rafters in the barn, just like his daddy use to do.  We’ve got two kittens and Myles checks on them daily.
While I was cleaning the kitchen, Sydney got extremely quiet.  I peeked around the corner to see her and Rusty napping together in the sun on the back door rug.  It was so precious.
Sometimes I have a unicorn as a student.
Myles has been doing so well in first grade.  He is so funny and keeps our “school room” laughing all afternoon.  He is such a joy and I’m so thankful he’s mine!
Goldie, the rooster, hangs out with the pigs all day.  It’s really like Charolette’s Web in there sometimes.
Garza County Junior Stock Show 2021

I couldn’t be more proud of Ayden this year.  She has improved so much in confidence and showmanship.  She is very shy and doesn’t like any attention being on her.  She always looks like she is going to throw up before it’s her time in the show ring.  After she finishes, you can SEE how proud she is of herself.  She is growing up to be such a sweet and beautiful girl.  So proud of her for pushing herself out there and getting it done!  She placed 3rd with her Duroc and 4th with her Berk.
Spencer came over one Sunday afternoon to play.  He and Myles worked so hard in the front yard building a snowman.  They were so cute showing me it!
I love when I find random pictures on my phone of my Bubby!  He’s so silly!
Ayden and her very best pig helper!
My sweet Myles Lewis.  I love when he wears footie pajamas.  It reminds me of when he was a baby.
It’s Sydney’s world, we are just living in it!
It snowed 18” at our house within a couple weeks of each other.  We are so thankful because snow is so good for the ground!  The first time it snowed B and Shell came over on their 4-wheeler to pull the kids around on the sled.  Ayden loved sitting in the back and pelting her brothers with snow balls!
Sydney is becoming so independent.  She was born independent but here recently she is actually able to complete tasks all by herself.  The other morning I walked into the kitchen and she had toasted herself a bagel and was putting butter on it.  I told her I could’ve helped if I knew she wanted breakfast to which she responded, “I’ve can do it.  I’ve seen Ayden do it a MILLION times.”
Ryan did awesome his first year to show.  He is all about business and wasn’t nervous one bit!  He got a little irritated that the very first thing that happen was his Poland, Cookies, peed all over his jeans.  We had to remind him that, that was part of it!  He already had so much confidence and is talking about next year and how much he is going to practice before the show.  He makes me proud all the time, but sometimes my heart can’t take how fast he’s growing up!  He won 3rd with his Poland and 4th with his Hamp.
Ryan showing Cream.  She was cute and knew it!
Sydney continuing her theme of falling asleep in odd places this month.  She was waiting on Myles to finish his reading so she could finish her Spanish.  When you’ve only got one teacher and she is teaching four grades at a time, you learn to wait.  I didn’t wake her and let her skip Spanish for the day.  She may nap more often!
Myles in his favorite vest.  He told me that he wants this to be his “normal look.”  TOOO precious!
Sydney and I had a tea party.  Blu, her piggie, joined us.
Tye and I are so proud of the kids.  We aren’t proud of the ribbons, we are proud of the work they have poured into their pigs since September.
Ryan and Myles sledding in the ditch.
Ryan loving on Cream after the show.
Ryan is becoming quite the guitar player.  Sometimes when I’m folding laundry or cleaning, he’ll follow me around playing.  I love it so much!

Ayden walking her pig, Jenny Dean.
The Pee Wee Show got cancelled this year.  Myles was absolutely devastated.  He cried for about an hour.  He worked so hard with the pigs, feeding, walking and brushing them.  He looks forward to the stock show all year.  We all felt so sorry for him and wanted to do something special for him.  Ayden and Ryan gave him a trophy that said, “1st Place Pig Assistant.”  They thanked him for everything he did and both hugged him.  I cried, we all cried.  It was a precious moment.
Myles keeping the pigs “calm.”  The one he is laying on is Ginger.  Ayden “gave” Myles this pig when she first got her and Myles took care of her everyday.  She would come to Myles if he just called her name.  He loves animals and I love him!
Tye and Ryan working on a project.  Ryan is going to be a great carpenter someday just like his daddy.
Say CHEESE, Cream!
Myles hanging out in the barn with us...all day long.
The stock show was a huge part of our January.  I didn’t grow up showing animals so I didn’t realize how much time, money and work goes into it.  I have grown to love it so much and can’t wait to see what the future holds for these little 4-Hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment