Wednesday, December 1, 2021

October

Hello FALL!  There is something about this season that brings people closer together.  In west Texas, this season is sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes rainy, and sometimes all three in one day.  No matter the reason, we love it.  We use it as every single excuse to pull out our cute winter clothes and booties, to get our hot chocolate cups from the back of the cabinet, for Tye and I to go to Starbucks one to many times and to decorate our house will all the fun things.

Ayden was looking extra beautiful this morning before church.  Sometimes I look at her and can’t believe how fast she is turning into a young woman.  She is not a baby anymore, but she’ll always be our “Aydee Bug!”

B and Shell got Ryan this Gravity marble set.  You can take things apart and creat new pathways for the marble to go with different floors and gadgets.  He loves it and is very good at setting it up.  His brain amazes me most of the time!

One morning last week we couldn’t find Ryan.  Everyone was up and we called his name and no answer.  I  thought he went with Tye because he does that quite often.  I went outside to let Rusty out and saw him sitting on the patio.  I said good morning and then ask him what he was doing and he said he was reading his bible.  In this moment, tears immediately filled my eyes and all I could get out was “That’s awesome, Bubba.  Enjoy your time out here.”  THIS...this is what we work so hard for.  THIS is the most important thing that Ryan can do.  THIS means more to Tye and I than anything else.  I knew he was reading because he asked a lot of questions.  He’s always been that kid.  I’ve always been the mom that didn’t mind answering and when Tye and I couldn’t figure it out we would ask someone else OR see if we could figure it out together.  Ryan is reading and making our faith HIS faith.  THIS is what will get him through, not us, not anything in the world, but God’s word in his mind and heart.  
Happy Halloween 2021
Skeleton, Laura Ingalls, pumpkin, and Alan Jackson
We got to go to the Massey-Baker Bash with my family this year.  Since I can remember Hords Creek has been a wonderful memory for me.  Our whole extended family would spend so many summer days there and we still love to talk about all the things we did to the third generation of little campers.  Papaw and Mamaw would be so happy to see their great grandkids in the back of the pickup just talking.  I love that we can still do this and hope it continues for years to come.
Oh my darlin’ Oh my darlin’ Oh my darlin’ Clementine
Myles’s theme song lately.
We went to At’l Do farms and got our pumpkins.  Painting pumpkins is always something we look forward to and I’m telling you the work on these pumpkins is getting more impressive each year.
Sydney and her little kitten, Pepper.  She loves this little thing so much and either it loves her too OR it doesn’t think it has a chance to escape.
Cousins making bracelets at Hords Creek.
These two could rule the world...I’m convinced.
Trunk or Treat- Kyle Field
We had a lot of fun!
Just two worn out parents taking their kids trick or treating.
Sweet Syd fell asleep waiting her turn.  Poor little fourth child...
You were lost and gone forever, Dreadful sorrow, Clementine
Myles was ready for school!  Man, I love this kid.  He makes our days so happy and joyful.
Sydney looked so beautiful.  Her pumpkin dress is one of my favorites and she didn’t even fuss about her knee highs!
We got to go to church with Mim and Grandaddy one Sunday evening.  The boys lead a song and did an awesome job.  I didn’t get a picture of Myles, but he did a great job too.
I let them wear roller skates to school.  When she needed to sharpen her pencil she just rooooolllled over there.
Have I mentioned that I love my husband?  Tye is one great guy.  He can do it all!
We got chicks and ducks this month.  We’ve since got about 15 more and they are so fun!  It still catches me off guard when I pull into the driveway and I hear QHACK QHACK!
October is over and November is here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment